Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baseball Memories

As some of you know, I am a die hard Yankees fan. Many of my friends spend hours trying to talk me out of being a Yankees fan, but I was born a fan and will always be a fan.

Being a Yankees fan is something my Dad and I have always shared. We use to sit in his recliner and watch the games together when I was still in diapers. Dad made sure from the time I was very young that I knew no child of his would be loyal to any other team. :-)

We've spent many a wonderful afternoons sitting in Yankees Stadium (the old one) cheering on our team. Say what you will, but our passion for the team will never die.

So, of course, when I saw this video I couldn't resist posting the link to it. Now they are Phillies fans, which I do hold issue with, but they are from NJ, and they aren't Bo Sox fans, so they can't be all that bad. :-)

Not that I ever would have even thought about throwing the ball back, even at that age, because Dad taught me better, but this little girl is so adorable and just watching her Dad's reaction and then the big hug he gave her, brought back a flood of memories.

Dad, thanks for the memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdvPq5LRSU

1 comment:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog...
    I'll be back to read you again!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete